5:46 pm, Sunday, February 03, 2008
Nodame Cantabile Live ActionI am pretty much sold on this series. When I started watching it, I was simply looking for something that is different from all of the dramas that I have watched. I never thought that I will like the characters and their story so much. In fact, I was quite enthused about the musical part of the story. It’s really rare to find dramas fusing both classical music and modern acting together. I really do like one or two classical music but I wouldn't call myself a big fan.
Having said that, sometimes I regret the fact that I wasn't serious about learning piano when I was a kid because when I see a friend playing piano so well, I wish I could have done the same thing. This drama makes me want to pick back up on my piano playing after at least a year of neglect and with eleven to twelve legitimate (as in, weekly lessons instead of just "goofing off on the piano") years of actual playing under my belt. I want to become as good as Chiaki-senpai and Nodame-chan. I do enjoy playing the piano, it's just the practicing part that really puts me off.
The actors are surprisingly talented and capable of pulling off both the serious and comedic scenes. Watching the characters interact with each other is a pure joy. Props should go to the actors and their facial expressions. I never thought that anime character's twitch can actually be replicated in a live action version.
I don't usually go gaga over hot men but you can't deny, he is the ultimate eye candy. I simply cannot stop drooling over him whenever he’s on screen.
Presenting, Tamaki Hiroshi (Chiaki-sama) and his gorgeous smile! He has the most sensual and lucious lips!

So, to pretty much sum up everything, go watch it for yourself, I bet you’ll enjoy it like I do. It’s a kind of drama I would want to watch over and over again.
NG(No Good) cuts/outtakes/bloopers!
Online Videos by Veoh.com