11:28 pm, Monday, April 09, 2007

Of all life God created, humans are certainly not the most beautiful, the most graceful, neither are they the most alluring or captivating beings that have walked this earth. Of course, children are another matter altogether. However, I fear I may be developing a rather compulsive yet disturbing habit otherwise known as people-watching.
To watch the complex interplay of emotions on one's face, the queer reactions and idiosyncratic mannerisms we each possess.. it's an impromptu drama on invisible stages.
I'm very frankly surprised to see how a simple smile can transform that stern woman's face, or why that young boy would be so ardently kissing his baby brother who is attempting to chew his shoelace. I spied a father looking on with undisguised disapproval at his son, who was running around a signboard for some obscure reason. No sweat, I wanted to tell him, I have brothers who used to do it, and will still do it.
Teenage girls, adorned like christmas trees during the season peak, strolling hand in hand with possessive guys who plaster themselves to their girlfriends, listening intently to every word that falls from the female's lips, responding with the occasional intellectual grunt or nod.
Outside shops selling feminine clothing and accessories, the usual pack of teenage guys or husbands hang around, waiting for their female counterparts to deplete their bank accounts. They lean against walls, attempting to blend into the background, the slight tinge of embarrassment or boredom in their face. The most pitiful however, are those who end up standing outside lingerie shops, no doubt fervently wishing they were at a more, ahem.. appropriate location.
The young girls always move around in packs, commenting on the most insignificant and random things about them. The lone boy amongst them, or perhaps the two odd guys, keep to themselves. Blatantly being ignored. And ignoring, to be fair.